Mud Magazine is seeking enthusiastic, creative, and resourceful interns to join our editorial team, working directly for the Editorial Director. The ideal candidates are obsessed with pop culture, binge-watch Netflix far too often, and stay up-to-date with internet trends. Strong communication and organizational skills are a must.
NOTE: For consideration, resumes must be emailed in .pdf format. Please include appropriate social media channels.
Location: Fairfield, CT (Remote Work Available)
Hours: The Mud Internship will meet at the Sacred Heart University Campus weekly or bi-weekly. Most of the work is remote, although attendance to meetings and some events is mandatory. Due to the flexible nature of this internship, we encourage student-athletes, international students, and all college students to apply.
• This is an unpaid, for-credit internship.
Staff Writer (Print and Digital)
• Write 1 article every week (300-700 words)
• Pitch and execute original articles to the Editorial Director
• Use analytics tools to monitor performance, and adjust strategy accordingly
• Work closely with social media team to scout influential figures for interviews
• College student with eligibility for credit
• Desire to learn more about the magazine publishing process
• Ability to meet defined deadlines
• Good sense of humor and flexibility to cover out of the ordinary topics
• Ability to write and edit
• Strong writing and communication skills
To apply, please send your resume and a short writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org by the application deadline. Your writing sample could be a previously published piece or something you write for the application. If you don't have previous experience, please specify in the email why are you interested in this position.
*Remote work can be arranged for certain positions if you're not in the area. Please specify if this is your case in an email to email@example.com