Mud Magazine is seeking enthusiastic, creative, and resourceful interns to join our editorial team, working directly for the Editorial Director. The ideal candidates are obsessed with pop culture, binge-watch Netflix far too often, and stay up-to-date with internet trends. Strong communication and organizational skills are a must.
NOTE: For consideration, resumes must be emailed in .pdf format. Please include appropriate social media channels.
Location: Fairfield, CT (Remote available)
Hours: The Mud Internship will meet at the Sacred Heart University Campus weekly or bi-weekly. Most of the work is remote, although attendance to meetings and some events is mandatory. Due to the flexible nature of this internship, we encourage student-athletes, international students, and all college students to apply.
• This is an unpaid, for-credit internship.
• Supervise staff writers and make sure publication schedule is timely kept
• Edit pieces for grammar, voice, and flow
• Become familiar with Mud’s unique style and voice
• Pitch and execute original stories to the EIC
• Use analytics tools to monitor performance, and adjust strategy accordingly
• Work closely with team members on ideation and visual elements for stories
• College student with eligibility for credit
• Desire to learn more about the magazine publishing process
• Good critical and editorial judgment
• Strong writing and communication skills
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com by the application deadline. If you don't have previous experience, please specify in the email why are you interested in this position.
*Remote work can be arranged for certain positions if you're not in the area. Please specify if this is your case in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org